|Year||2020||Week||2 (11 January - 17 January)|
A new Protocol for the opening of a sanitary corridor to facilitate crew changes is being finalized and should be implemented in the coming days.
2nd phase of the re-opening of the borders started since midnight on 30.09.2020
Compulsory Quarantine of 14 days for all arriving passengers has been extended till the 15th of February 2021.
Passengers arriving on the national carrier: Air Mauritius from Europe or from Dubai on special Emirates Airlines flights are allowed in after being tested negative for Covid-19 and a quarantine of 14 days in chosen hotels at passenger’s expense is mandatory.
The port of Port-Louis is open except to Passenger ships, and the following services are authorized :
1. Delivery of Bunker fuels
2. Repatriation of crew after negative Covid-19 PCR test
3. Embarkation of crew after 14 days quarantine and negative Covid-19 PCR test
4. Delivery of Provisions, stores, spares, Lube Oil
5. Delivery of Fresh water by barge alongside and at anchorage
6. Renewal of SSCEC
7. Repair works
8. Disembarkation of weapons only (For PMSC)
9. Embarkation of Weapons only (For PMSC)
10. Vessels will have to be cleared by Health Authorities which require to have the body temperature of all crew members over the past 7 days
11. Crew are allowed to go ashore for short periods after negative Covid-19 PCR test, subject vessel has been at sea for more than 14 days since last port.
• Medical disembarkation under the strict control of the MRCC and the Health Authorities
• The airport is open only for cargo planes and specific commercial flights from Air Mauritius and Emirates Airlines under supervision of the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority .
COVID-19 Update (Mauritius) as at 11.01.2021 :
|Number of infected persons||539|
|Number of cured persons||514|
|Number of active cases (imported)||15|
|Number of deceased||10|